Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Canada Summer 2013: Montreal Downtown East

August 16, 2013 -- On my last full day in Montreal I left the comfortable environs of Westmount for the more gritty downtown east area of Montreal. I stayed in a private room I found through Airbnb and the host was really accommodating. She even skipped across town to let me in since I arrived earlier than expected. While waiting for her, I ate lunch at a great Caribbean restaurant which serves cuisine of the French Antilles and later in the evening heard a live jazz band playing at the restaurant.

After checking in, I walked over to Faubourg Park where there were interesting art installations of old rusted out parts such as gear cranks and pipes put together to create works of art.

The place I stayed at is on Rue Ontario E. and is centrally located within walking distance of two Metro stations -- Papineau and Berri Uqam -- and a Bixi bikeshare station.

Here are some pictures:

2 comments: